Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Twas the Night Before Surgery...

And all through the house not a creature was stirring...except me!! I have my hospital bag packed, the house clean, the laundry done, grocery shopping done, child care lined up for my hospital stay, pureed soup in the freezer, lesson plans ready for my sub, and showered with antibacterial soap (which did not smell pleasant, by the way). Ok, I am ready...or am I? All of this prep and the months leading up to this surgery and the night before I am really getting nervous. What did I get myself into? Do I really want to do this? But I love food!!! Yes, that is the problem. I love food when I should love my life and my family. I can genuinely say that I mostly like my life. I own a preschool business, which I love, I have three brilliant and funny boys, a nice house, and a supportive husband. There are definitely things I don't like about my life and I know gastric bypass is not going to fix my problems or make them go away. But one of the things I don't like about my life is being fat. And gastric bypass can help me fix that. I have certainly had second thoughts today (especially being on a clear liquid diet-ugh!) but in the end I know I am going to do it because I have wanted to do it for a long time and now I am ready. I'll see you on the other side!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment