Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Steps

Ok, so the first thing I had to do was attend the "informational seminar." Actually I had already attended two of these. The first was about 18-24 months previously with a good friend, then I chickened out and decided not to have the surgery right then. My friend had the surgery. The next was in August 2010 at a hospital that only offers the Lapband. I just don't think the lapband is for me so I went to another hospital that offers lapband, gastric bypass, and gastric sleeve. I attended the informational seminar September 2010 and heard everything I had heard before. Lol. I decided to move forward. My mom actually had gbp in 2005. My mom lost 100 lbs and has kept it off and also had plastics so she looks good. My good friend who I mentioned above had gpb in April 2009. She had complications and was really sick for a couple of months, but has lost 115 and is doing very well now. She says even after the problems she would do it again. So, I am going to do it. I know it will be hard, maybe even hell. I know at some point I will wish like anything that I hadn't done it. But I hope it will be worth it. Why do I want to do it? I want to have less joint pain, less headaches, less back pain. I want to have more energy. I want to look better and have more confidence. I don't want my kids' friends to whisper that I am fat when I go into the school to volunteer. I want my husband to think I am sexy-he says he already does, but I want to FEEL sexy. I want to walk and not be weary. I want to run and not faint.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni, I am scheduled for surgery on Monday. I am praying for the best outcome for both of us. Your sentiments echo mine. I know I deserve a better quality of life than being overweight can give me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Jacqueline! I will pray for you too!!

    ReplyDelete